Dietitian Counselling Skills Program
What the program helps you achieve
Build counselling and coaching skills to confidently support your clients through the difficulties of changing their eating behaviours
Help your clients become motivated and committed to improving their eating behaviours and getting better outcomes
Have your clients rebooking sessions and telling others about your dietetic services to help grow your practice
This is How It Helps you achieve it
Peer reviewed and published counselling skills framework designed for dietetic practice
Easy to Implement
Learn effective counselling and coaching techniques to apply directly to your practice
Like-minded peers and a supportive coach to help improve your counselling skills
Introduction to behaviour change
- Know the behaviour change essentials
- Learn the common barriers to behaviour change
- Understand the client-dietitian experience
Effective Counselling Techniques
- Learn the foundations of effective consults
- See how to optimise your consult structure for client results and retention
- Apply them to practice
Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Know what is applicable to dietetic practice
- Learn when to use these skills appropriately
- Know how to use these skills based on readiness to change
Stages of change
- See how the model works
- Learn how to assess the 6 stages of change correctly
- Know how to counsel clients in each stage of change
Application to practice
- Time saving step by step guides
- Know how to create an effective and efficient consult process
- Guides for conversations to use with potential clients and clients
- Learn how to deal with common consult issues
- Know how to navigate difficult client consults
- See the counselling process
In addition to the 6 modules you will also get...
Weekly Live Coaching Calls
- Direct coaching on implementation of counselling skills
- Discuss and develop a plan for common client dilemmas and/or client cases to confidently and effectively help your clients
- Opportunity to role play scenarios to practice skills
- Attend live or watch recording (pre-submit questions if not attending)
Private Messenger Group
- Ask question and receive direct support from myself (Monday-Friday) as well as support from your peers
12 week program, runs 2-3 times per year
You will be able to complete the modules in your own time and catch up as needed throughout the 12 weeks. You will have access to the modules for 6 months after the program finishes.
You will be able to submit questions in advance to be answered on the live call. The replay will be available within 24 hours. You can also ask questions daily in the Facebook group (they will be answered Monday-Friday).
You have access to the online modules and live weekly call recordings for 6 months post program completion.
All dietitians will benefit from this program. We have had dietitians complete the program ranging from 1 month’s working experience to 25 years.
The teachings from this program can be applied to all areas of dietetic practice.
Yes, this program is suitable for all dietitians. Those working with patients or clients over multiple sessions will find the teachings more applicable to their practice. For example, long-stay wards, outpatient clinics and private practice settings.
The program runs 2-3 times per year. You are welcome to join the mailing list to be notified of dates for the next round. Please note, prices may increase.
Refunds are not available on this program. If you have concerns or are feeling dissatisfied, please email me at email@example.com. We will be able to discuss your concerns and together, find a solution to ensure your time in the program is positive. My number one priority is for you to have a valuable and supportive learning experience.